New User: No traffic / votes on my edits yet

Hi All,

I’m a new user. I’ve made 30+ edits over the past couple of days, but to date I’ve had 0 votes on any of them.

Is this normal? Or, is it possible I’ve missed a step?

thanks,

U2Joshua

6 Likes

That’s actually pretty normal, especially if you’re adding new info. I haven’t looked at your edits yet, but I get votes mostly on “destructive” edits (meaning some info is being removed) like merges.

There aren’t a ton of regular editors, and the destructive edits are the most closely monitored.

2 Likes

Also, even among those of us who vote, many just subscribe to a subset of the database. A quick search shows me there were over 3,800 open edits in the last 24 hours. There’s no way anyone could keep up with all the activity on the website.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely normal. As you may know, the voting process says, that if you get 0 No-Votes, your edit will be accepted after 7 days. It doesn’t matter if you get 0 or 1 or 2 Yes-Votes. If you get 3 Yes-Votes your edit will be applied shortly.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks all for each of your prompt replies. This seems like a fun place and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Happy music loving!

7 Likes