New artist icon is hard to read

Artist

The new artist icon is hard to “read”, the outline is too thin in my opinion. I think what would make it easier to see would be some kind of fill inside the person so it stands out against the background.

3 Likes

Hi @CyberSkull, I have heard from a couple people that the outline is too thin, so I will probably be editing that soon :slight_smile: I made icons for each of the specific artists (choir, orchestra, person, instrument, character, etc.) and at the moment, the ‘person’ icon is a filled silhouette of a person (like you were describing), so most likely, I will just make the outline thicker on the artist icon. Once the specific artist icons are live, the general ‘artist’ icon will be seen less :smiley: Thanks for the feedback on the icons, it is always appreciated!

9 Likes

Great to hear there’ll be specific icons for the different artist types. I was thinking that would be a good thing but didn’t think we’d do it :smile: In general, I’m liking the look of the new icons

3 Likes

@CyberSkull, you should start seeing the new artist icon appearing in MusicBrainz in the next couple of weeks! Again, thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s much better. Scales well too.

1 Like