Need help with digital album title stupidity

I am currently unsure how to title a release I am planning to add, it is likely best to ignore the digital release platforms but I am still uncertain anyway.

This is in relation to the release group " Prometheus: The Dolby Atmos Experience + Cinematic and Live"

Also, I am not sure if it should get its own release group or put it into the same group and possibly update the group title to the shorter version on top of the addition.

Currently digital versions of this do not have the DVD part which I believe is the “Dolby Atmos Experience” part of the release but the album title is " Prometheus: The Dolby Atmos Experience (Live)" as seen in the Apple Music link below for example.

Further to add to this stupidity, previously the album was titled “Prometheus - Cinematic and Live” which makes far more sense as seen in the now hidden Spotify link below.

The old version has a UPC of 727361379667 and the new version has a UPC of 727361379636. Both are listed as “Prometheus - Cinematic and Live” on IFPI.

Now it would seem that it makes the most sense to title the album based on what it was but since that is not what it currently is, I am uncertain since it is technically not the correct title of the 727361379636 release based on the digital platforms the release would be about.

Should I just add it with the old title with an annotation like whoever added this version was drunk or something? (not actually, I am being hyperbolic)

1 Like

What a mess. I tend to go with text from the cover image when it’s available since it’s less likely to be mangled by drunken data entry and SEO, but it looks like they left out “Prometheus” there for some reason and just wrote “Cinematic and Live”.

Using “Prometheus: Cinematic and Live” or “Prometheus - Cinematic and Live” seems reasonable to me, since that’s what you’re seeing on IFPI. Using what’s on the cover image seems reasonable too.

4 Likes