Need a classical editor to fix some pipe organ releases I uploaded

I need a classical editor to fix some pipe organ releases I uploaded.
All by Gert van Hoef: Gert van Hoef - MusicBrainz

Need an editor to fix the performer and artist credits for classical works. Some of the works are arrangements for pipe organ and that needs to be addressed.

I’ve uploaded the back cover scans and booklet scans for each CD. All of the information that is available about the recordings is there.

These are recordings on a small label with limited distribution. These recordings are not available on streaming services. The data is not currently available on Discogs or AllMuisic/Rovi or any other source. The definitive data for these CDs is going to be MusicBrainz. So it would be nice to make sure that data is correct.

1 Like

Oh, wonderful! I love entries for contemporary classical music and musicians, who are so little-known that the streaming services don’t cover them. Thank you for adding these Releases.

I don’t promise to do this work myself, not when I am so far behind on data entry for my own music collection. But I can thank you for putting the right foundation in place: scans of the cover art and liner notes empower other editors to come in later and add relationships and other improvements.

The great thing about a collaborative project like MusicBrainz is that we can afford to be patient and kind with ourselves. It does not have to get entered all at once, or all by the original contributor. The data will often improve over time, thanks to many helpers.

3 Likes

One hint: you can use credits to use the printed names (especially useful for non-Latin named artists, I changed Sjostakovitsj in Release “Bovenkerk Kampen” by Gert van Hoef - MusicBrainz)