MusicBrainz Web Homepage 2021

I don’t know if this is still a work in progress, but I just happened to take another look. I have two observations:

1. I remain steadfast in my absolute hatred for images scrolling across the screen as soon as I land on it. I mean, my eyes glow red, steam starts blasting from my ears, the plants on my desk wilt, and Wile E. Coyote finally catches the Roadrunner. I have already created a Stylus style that will hide this carousel:

1. I happened to click on Username > Profile, which shows a sample profile. Then I clicked on the MusicBrainz logo at the top left, which returns to the home page. But the home page now looks like this (the carousel is hidden due to my Stylus style):

Now that is a dark theme that I would love to see made available. Refreshing the page right now returns it to the bright white. I don’t know if any of that is intentional, but I’d sure like to see that theme available, if this page is ever incorporated into the main website.

1 Like

I think that’s the dark mode akshaaatt made up, looking at the original post. don’t know where the switch that used to be in the header went tho…

I personally think the cover art is a huge part of the project, and it should probably be front and center. that said, I don’t see an issue with having a user setting that turns it off where it exists.

also just wanted to point out, “CD Stud” :muscle::cd:

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment @Beckfield
The cover arts will look better on the landed version, we tested it a while back on https://test.musicbrainz.org a while back, so they won’t start scrolling automatically.
The mockup on the given website hasn’t been updated in a long time now. The official work will have a setting in the profile section to have the dark theme.

3 Likes