MusicBrainz server troubleshooting help

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f419567b870> #<Tag:0x00007f419567b7a8>

Hello – I have a local musicbrainz server instance setup via the main docker container and I’m trying to query the server with Beets (file renaming and metadata mgmt tool). The idea is to be able to perform more than 1 query per second with a local instance

https://beets.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/config.html#musicbrainz-options

The trouble I’m having is that “search by index” does not return any results … this is the case for both web browser (localhost:5000) and Beet software.

I can see the request in the musicbrainz-search docker logs and have looked at the logs for the musicbrainz server but don’t see anything out of the ordinary there.

musicbrainz-search
2021-07-15 00:01:44.521 INFO (qtp898557489-139) [ x:artist] o.a.s.c.S.Request [artist] webapp=/solr path=/select params={q=miles+davis&start=0&rows=25&wt=mbjson} hits=0 status=0 QTime=11

I tried asking this question in the IRC chat but someone there told me to post here instead.

If I could get some help or tips that would be great
Thanks

2 Likes

Running into the same issue over here… Did you find any solution on how to get the search working with the docker version?