Merge Discs 1 & 2 and add Disc 3?

I have a 3 disc CD album. Searching MusicBrainz, I’ve found discs 1 and 2 listed as separate albums, but I can’t find any details for disc 3:

Since I have the album, I’d like to add the missing information. However, I’m very new to this, so not quite sure how to go about it! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve seen the wiki page on merging releases - should I start with this to merge discs 1 and 2? And then to add the 3rd disc, do I do that from Picard via the Lookup CD function?

Thanks,

1 Like

I suggest you enter your release as a new release in a new release group called “Aspects of Andrew Lloyd Webber: Songs From His Greatest Shows”. Then the other partial releases can be merged into the new (full) release. You should be able to copy the first and second discs from the existing partial releases, which should save you some time.

2 Likes

OK, I’m making progress…

When entering the artists for the tracks, how far do I go? On the back of the CD case, it lists the main singers - I’m OK with that, but on the inlay card, it also says the orchestra and conductor. Do I list those on the Artist Credits as well? What would I put for the Join Phrase?

And I’ve got one track that on the back cover just says “Orchestra” (it’s an instrumental piece). Again, the inlay gives the detail about which orchestra and conductor

1 Like

The artist from the back cover is appropriate for the tracks. All the rest would best be added as separate artist relationships in the relationship editor (link on the right sidebar).

2 Likes

For track artists, I would use the singer for songs and the composer for instrumentals.

Then all the details credits would be added as artist-recording relationships, through the release relationship editor (last tab on release page).

2 Likes

OK, thanks for the help. I’ve created a new release release group, entered the details and merged the other two into it. This was before I saw the post from @jesus2099, so I’ll maybe wait to see if the edits I’ve done so far get approved then might go back and see about adding more detail (like I say, I’m new to this site, so need to spend a bit more time looking round, getting a better feel for how it works)

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks like a very good job of entering the information. Thanks!

1 Like

@P72endragon, as you have it in hands, could you please add your 3 Disc IDs to the release.
This way we will see if my release merge is good or not (if Disc IDs are the same as existing two releases or not).

1 Like

I’ve added those now, thanks

2 Likes