MB won't allow change of media format to Hybrid SACD

I was making a few edits to this release, and noticed that the media format was set to SACD. As far as I can tell from the publisher’s catalog and other sites, this album was only released on Hybrid SACD and Digital. So I tried to change the media format to Hybrid SACD, but it wouldn’t let me. It shows the message "This medium has a disc ID, pregap track, or data track, so you can only change the format to one that can have disc IDs."

There is indeed a disc ID associated with the release, added by someone else. I’m hesitant to remove a disc ID in order to correct the media format, and I’m wondering if there’s another way to do this?

1 Like

I think it’s a bug: MBS-11085, MBS-11088.

3 Likes

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

The entry is correct. It says on the back cover https://ia801908.us.archive.org/30/items/mbid-9d9bf282-10ae-4826-bf1e-64117925f511/mbid-9d9bf282-10ae-4826-bf1e-64117925f511-27207304680.jpg that the disc can be played on any CD player, so it is indeed a Hybrid SACD.

What you need to do is change the medium to Hybrid SACD (CD layer) and add more layers as Hybrid SACD (SACD layer) for Stereo (and Multichannel if applicable).

That’s exactly what I was trying to do, but it isn’t working. As yindesu pointed out, this is a known issue.

1 Like

I didn’t have any problem editing the release in the described way.

You came in after the bug was fixed. Re-read the post above yours.

It would have to be recent, I regularly edit these types of entries. In any case, to avoid this problem in the future, DiscID should ONLY be allowed if the medium type is set to something with “CD” in the description. All other medium types should reject the attachment, most common being just “SACD” or “Hybrid SACD”.

Yes, it was broken in the 2020-09-07 server update and fixed on 2020-09-09.

6 Likes