Long Format Videos of Interest to the MBz Nerd Community

I’ve started this, it’s great so far :smiley:

absolutely amazing watch - I agree production music is such a dark-art :smiley:

2 Likes

Not really that long of a video; but interesting either way… I love craptronics (as I call them) for this exact reason!

4 Likes

Adam Neely hitting it out of the park yet again~ all about copyright and the concept of owning a ham sandwich music

edit: also makes me wonder how many works we can connect to I Got Rhythm

3 Likes

More odd audio hardware time!

3 Likes

I feel validated with what was #1 considering my damning review of it

3 Likes

very interesting watch~

3 Likes

I know it’s not quite “long format”, but I think the ideas put forth here could be put to good use in MusicBrainz/ListenBrainz~ it’s definitely “of Interest to the MBz Nerd Community”, tho… :wink:

3 Likes

with the discussion about AI-generated music and whatnot, it’s quite timely that Tom Scott just did a video touching on it

1 Like

probably already well known to many here, but interesting anyway

I feel this needs to be here

6 Likes

Another good one from Techmoan: How a forgotten 1949 Format War shaped the future of records - YouTube

3 Likes

An interesting one about the need and relevance of music critique

3 Likes

Polyphonic is back with another banger~

2 Likes

Not the newest but enjoyable

3 Likes

Music Censorship & The PMRC:

3 Likes

Watching it for like the 2nd time. Friend of mine linked this to someone a while back when some news and got me watching it again. It’s such a wild ride.

2 Likes

With Eurovision season starting to come up, this is a great video going behind the scenes of last year’s Eurovision Song Contest - how it came to be, as well as all the technical stuff that made the show what it was.

1 Like

One of the best jungle tracks to exist, a cultural touchstone for the UK