I’ve seen a few recordings that are part of the soundtrack of a game, but are unused. Should I link their work to the main work of the game? If so, what relationship should I use? “Part of” seems a bit much considering they didn’t make the cut
4 Likes
What have you did in the end? I see only two options for now:
- link to the original ost work as ‘part of’ and specifying it as ‘unused’ with tag/in annotation
- create a separate work ‘Unused tracks. [game name]’ or similar for unused tracks exclusively, link the track work to this work, and link the work for unused tracks with original ost as part of
Any of these decisions is not perfect, but at least in some way information about some track that is unused is stored and in both cases the track work’s history is kept and stored next to the game.