Is there a script for batch adding "Cover Recording of..." from the existing Arrangement Work?

I would like to batch add a Work Relationship using an existing Arrangement relationship that’s been added, so that it properly says “Cover Recording of {Work}”. Example album. Is there a script that I can use for this purpose?

Not sure if I understood what you want to achieve for that example release.
Do you want to set the “cover” attribute for all recording-work relationships which do not have it yet?
Or do you want to replace the “recording of A → arrangement of B” relationship chain with a single “cover recording of B” relationship per recording? As it is now (two relationships to original and arrangement work) looks wrong to me.
Or something else entirely?

Those recordings should only be a recording-of 1 Work, not 2, per multiple past clarifications of Style.

1 Like

I also don’t think it should have two relationships, but I didn’t want to delete the original edits that someone else made. Ideally, shouldn’t it be with “Cover Recording of X”, and the Arranger credit added to the Release/Work (on the left side) instead of being listed as “Arrangement of X” (on the right side)? I tried looking this up, but previous threads never reached a consensus and there doesn’t seem to be a rule about it.

If the arrangement is significant/prominent enough to warrant a standalone MB Work, or if it has unique lyrics, then it’s a recording, not a cover recording.

If the arrangement does not warrant a separate MB Work, then it’s a cover recording.