Inconsistent Green Tagger Button

I am having trouble with the Green Tagger button randomly disappearing from the main MusicBrainz website. Sometimes it’s there, sometimes it’s not – I have pulled up the same release at different hours and seen it go from present, to gone, to present again. Does anyone have an idea what’s happening? Do I need to do something specific to see this button?

Thanks!

I just clicked “Lookup in Browser” in Picard, and then the tagger button appeared on all the MB pages again. Is this how it normally works? Is there anything I can set in my browser or account configuration to always show the button?

Thanks!

Yes, this is how it works. If you want to force it manually you can add the tport parameter to the URL. See also my recent post at:

4 Likes

This is really helpful thanks!

EDIT: Is there a way I can mark this topic as solved/resolved?

There is currently no way to do this here. The title could be edited maybe, but we currently have no commonly used way for this.

However, I have seen Discourse installations that have a built-in way of marking discussions as solved. Could be a plugin or option to activate, I don’t know. @Freso would this be something to investigate?

4 Likes