Impossible edits?

Is it impossible for me to add a language to a work where none was added during its creation, and also to change the event type after the event was created? Is the only solution creating a new work/event?

I can change the event type, but changing the lyrics language doesnā€™t work at the moment. Monday there was a new server release which added support for multiple lyrics languages per work, and that appears to have broken the editor.

I have made a bug report for it.

1 Like

I had reported that already :slight_smile: A fix is ready and should be hotfixed soonish, hopefully today.

2 Likes

Oops, I meant changing the type for series. Is that possible?

Edit: The scenario is that thereā€™s a series that set as ā€œeventā€, but I want to change it to one of the event subtypes (ā€œrunā€ in this case).

1 Like

Thatā€™s MBS-8028 and Iā€™m afraid itā€™s not possible right now :frowning: @yvanzo, in case you need something to do once the attributes are readyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is now impossible to add a new work without the lyrics attribute set. Is that a known problem yet? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Looks like it is: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/MBS-9345

When adding a new work, you can just remove the empty lyrics language, while this get fixed :slight_smile: (itā€™s just in the batch-adder that is impossible)

1 Like

Thank you, I hadnā€™t thought of that workaround.

Sorry I did not understand, whatā€™s the workaround for adding language(s) to a languageā€less work?

None yet. The one I was sharing is the workaround for adding a new work with no languages :slight_smile:

• Schema change release regressions regarding work lyrics language have already been fixed on the main MusicBrainz server. It is now possible again to add a language to a work.
  • Changing series type is not possible for now, you can watch MBS-8028 to get notified of any update. It is not top priority but has a fair number of votes, so it will probably be resolved in the next few months.
5 Likes