How to search for only those releases that have cover art

I would like to be able to search the database and have it return all those releases for which cover art has been uploaded. Is there a way to do that?

Fantastic service, by the way

i doubt there is a way to search for releases with cover art cover. tho there are scripts out there that will add cover art to some pages like this

The call has to be fairly easy as the results already appear on the Release page in the Cover Art tab itself.

If no one gives a reply, try poking around in the code of that page.

1 Like

Do you mean the actual PostgreSQL database or just on musicbrainz.org (or via the webservice)?

2 Likes

I mean on MusicBrainz. I would like to be able to do an advanced query search, but don’t know how to phrase it. I tried “cover art: (1)” to see if it would search the cover art field for returns of one piece of art, but it didn’t recognize that attempt. If someone knows how to properly construct the query, I would very much appreciate it.

I’m not the techiest guy, but that’s a good idea, I will see if that helps.

1 Like

I see the following in the source of the Cover Art tab of a release:

<span class=“cover-art-image”
data-small-thumbnail=“
//coverartarchive.org/release/c0c51f66-d339-4981-a367-a4b4f2576139/2918669675-250.jpg”
data-large-thumbnail=“//coverartarchive.org/release/c0c51f66-d339-4981-a367-a4b4f2576139/2918669675-500.jpg”
data-fallback=“”
data-title=“Front”
data-message=“Image not available yet, please try again in a few minutes.”

I see some classes (artwork-cont, cover-art-image, etc), but do not know enough to know how to construct a query that will pull what I want.

Any ideas on how to use the advanced query search on MusicBrainz to return only those releases that have cover art?

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Indexed_Search_Syntax doesn’t seem to indicate there being any fields for searching based on (presence of) cover art.

You may want to file a ticket at https://tickets.metabrainz.org/

3 Likes

Thanks much, I will do that.

Cheers!