How to remove an entry from musicbrainz?

N/A
THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED REGARDING THE ISSUE. ADMIN CAN DELETE THE POST.
As it google already showing this result with the artist name in search result.

Musicbrainz is not causing any search engine confusion here, and removing data will not help in any way.

The problem seems to be that Google is confusing “Travis Danny” with one or more people named “Danny Travis”. (This guy, maybe)

You should really cancel the removal edits, as this will only make things worse.

3 Likes

MusicBrainz is messing up Google?

I think he’s implying that when he Googles his own name, he gets results for another artist by a similar name.

I understood. But Google (and MB) are not the SAG Union, where only 1 person can have each name. “Wrong” results are going to appear.

1 Like

N/A
As it google already showing this result with the artist name in the search result.

N/A

google

N/A

“NONE/NONE” (which seems to be the actual incorrect result?) doesn’t seem to be coming from MusicBrainz though?

That was probably the result of https://musicbrainz.org/edit/50071269 by TYfanclub.

1 Like

Yes, NONE/NONE is his own fault. But I wasn’t sure how to maintain civility while pointing the blame.

I, of course, would like to know how/where it appeared in a search result, because it wasn’t there that long for it to not only hit search results, but also be popular enough for a “see also”.

N/A

The main suggestion would be to wait a bit, with the real data in, and see if Google automatically fixes the mess. The data is perfectly correct on our side, as far as I can tell, so this is an error on their side that hopefully would disappear on its own eventually.

2 Likes

Looks like Google sorted itself out.

I only get one Travis Danny in the “See results about” box now, and he’s not named “NONE/NONE”. :slight_smile: