How to fix the MB website language [when seeding the release editor]?

Hi.
Is there a way to fix English as the language for the MB website?
Thanks,
F.

The language can be changed via the drop-down in the upper right.

1 Like

Yes, that I know. The thing is, that whenever I open MB website, it gets displayed in German and I need to change it manually each time to English. I’d like to fix it to be always English. The problem is also that if I change it during the process of adding a release, it resets the form (cancels the process)… :-/

F.

Strange, AFAIK it should remember that, likely with a cookie. Do you maybe clear the cookies in Browser exit?

1 Like

I don’t - and I “never” close the browser (unless told to do so for upgrading it). I’m running Chrome…
F:

I checked, so mb.org would set a cookie “lang” with the language. Maybe something is blocking this cookie to be set?

1 Like

Oh, ok… can you help me debugging it?
F.

Does it happen when you either use Picard Add Cluster As Release plugin or Discogs Importer?

If so, I have been trying to fix it.

But anyway, it does not happen when you normally use the MB website, does it?
If so, when does it happen, exactly?

2 Likes

It happens when using Discogs Importer - you spotted it! And you’re already working on it - that’s enough for me! :wink:
Thanks!
F.

2 Likes

To be fair with MBS, Picard plugin and release importers, this problem occurs now that you are using a newer version of your browser, that has changed the SameSite default value of its cookies, from None to Lax.

It was identified by @chaban and fixed by @Bitmap, for the connection issue.

And now just remains this language issue (more simple to fix than connection but same reason).

5 Likes

OK - so I’ll just wait :wink:
Thanks so far!

1 Like