How to adds a disc id when the number of technical tracks doesn't match the number of logical tracks

Hi! I want to add a disc id for this release: Release “Super Eurobeat, Vol. 1 - Time Compilation” by Various Artists - MusicBrainz
The problem is, on the disc itself there are only two tracks, each containing 6 songs. Nevertheless, any MB user doesn’t expect to see only two tracks for this release, they expect to see a full tracklist of 12 items, as specified on this release’s cover.

What should I do here? Should I just abandon the idea of storing the disc id for this release in the MB database?

1 Like

I see what the problem is. It is doubtlessly a 2-track release but it’s impossible to enter per track credits if all titles are together.
By the rules you should certainly correct the tracklist, but as there are split recordings and credits per track, I would add a new release (knowing that it’s a duplicate) and explain in an annotation. (my opinion)

1 Like

According to Discogs, the two tracks are DJ-mixes. If this is correct, the tracks on your release may be handled according to the the style proposal for continuous mixes. The forum discussion for a similar case can be found here.

If you have a 2 track CD in hands, please submit the Disc ID and add the release.
It seems that maybe a 12 track edition does exist, in GnuDb at least, for what it’s worth.

Well, no, if the CD has 2 tracks, an MB user expects a 2 track release with MultipleTitleStyle. :wink:

6 Likes