I am into folk music which is a genre of traditional (mainly European) music for dancing and I am looking to the proper way to add the name of the dances to the recording (there are a lot of different dances, here is a personal list for illustration).
The ideal features for such a task would be:
- easily searchable (should not live in the same namespace as other data like tags, or they should have a prefix)
- should be injected in file tags by tools like Picard
- case sensitive (they may contain proper nouns like cities, e.g. rondeau de Samatan)
- translatable entries (the names or their spelling may differ according to the language, e.g. waltz in English, valse in French)
- multiple dances in a single recording (we can probably use the
/separator already used for titles)
For now I have started to use tags with a
dance: prefix with English names (when it makes sense) but I believe there should be (or already is) a better solution.