How should individually distributed music videos originally released on a DVD-Video be represented?

to answer your questions in order, I would say:

  1. yes, to the point mentioned above
  2. yes, unless you know there are audio or major video differences (tho there’s no guidance on how to split video recordings currently). video resolution likely isn’t a major enough difference, but aspect ratio might be
  3. yes, because they have very different contents
  4. I’ve personally been leaving the release type blank for video releases (especially video singles) as there’s currently no guidance on that
  5. yes, I would use Live if it’s a live recording
  6. I generally err on the side of seperate entities, so I would keep them in seperate release groups. they could always be merged later once a consensus is reached (see the thread below)
  7. I’d go both, as appropriate

there is an open discussion on how to handle video as releases in MusicBrainz, I’ll link it below

1 Like