I’m new to the forums and it seems to me that the Code of Conduct is not enforced at all.
The rules I have most often seen violated are
- Be polite. Remember that there’s a real person on the receiving end of any communication. Treat people as you’d wish to be treated yourself.
- Don’t get into flame wars, and try to remain as neutral as possible. Do not attack someone personally because you don’t agree with them.
- Try not to pick fights by nit-picking other contributors.
I have flagged:
- Handling name of transgender artist - #19 by hiccup as inappropriate ~ 2.5 days ago because it IMO violates 1, 3 and 7. it is currently “temporarily hidden”.
- Handling name of transgender artist - #45 by justcheckingitout as inappropriate ~ 1.5 days ago because it IMO violates 1 and 3. Nothing happened.
Both comments derailed the conversation considerably. A lot of energy was wasted and the thread became harder to read.
Another example is Please scan (complete!) booklets as PDF-files!. I have not bothered to flag anything there because it seems pointless.
So my questions are:
- Is the CoC currently enforced?
- If yes:
- What has to happen for a post / subthread to get hidden or deleted?
- How are replies to a post that violates the CoC handled?
- How much time passes between a flag and an action?
- On average?
- Is there a goal to act no later than X hours?
- If not:
- Why not?