How does one specify sub-second track lengths?

Thread title says it all: What sorts of tools, or secret editing API black magic, do editors use to specify sub-second lengths for tracks?

I like to AcoustID fingerprint, and then AcousticBrainz scan, everything I work on, after I finish matching my copies with Picard. This is kind of along those same lines, and scratches the same itch: if I could submit track lengths with sub-second accuracy from my own copies, for releases that don’t already have sub-second track length accuracy, I’d be a very happy camper.

2 Likes

I believe that it’s done when you attach a disc id to a release, but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

If CD, after you submit a discID from Picard, make sure it’s submitted on the release as well. Once it’s attached and submitted, it should show sub-second track lengths. Unfortunately, there is no other way that I’m aware of at this time to edit an existing release to update the times. If it’s an existing digital release, the only way is to import a new release using a-tisket, iTunes importer, etc. to create a new release and then merge it with the existing release in the direction of the newly created release. There really, really, needs to be a way to edit manually (or with a script) to add sub-second track lengths, but as of this time there is not.

3 Likes

OK, thanks for the info! I’ll just stop worrying about it for now, then. If there was something I was missing, I’d have liked to do this, but if there’s no real support for it yet, then it’s no biggie.

2 Likes
  • Add disc ID + Set track lengths
  • Release Editor Seeding
    Used by Add Cluster as Release (Picard tagger plugin) and various importers

There is a ticket for editing milliseconds:

Then you can see milliseconds with the INLINE STUFF user script.

5 Likes