It’s quite magic and impressive all that install procedure does on screen.
I did these commands (from my previous post last link):
1. git clone --recursive https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-server.git 2. MUSICBRAINZ_SERVER_LOCAL_ROOT=$PWD/musicbrainz-server 3. git clone https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker.git 4. cd musicbrainz-docker 5. echo MUSICBRAINZ_SERVER_LOCAL_ROOT="$MUSICBRAINZ_SERVER_LOCAL_ROOT" >> .env 6. admin/configure add musicbrainz-dev 7. sudo docker-compose up -d 8. sudo docker-compose run --rm musicbrainz createdb.sh -sample -fetch
Step 7 is long. I think it goes inside the container and extracts everything (I hope it does not all this in my filesystem).
Then at step 8, I get some errors like:
Can't locate JSON.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON module) [...] Compilation failed in require at /musicbrainz-server/admin/InitDb.pl line 34. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /musicbrainz-server/admin/InitDb.pl line 34
But it seems the MB server is launched because my CPU is working more than usual and
htop shows me
cpanm (don’t know what it is but seems new) and
perl are taking much of my CPU power.
Now I don’t know how to proceed:
- How do I browse to this MB server in my browser?
- How do I stop the server?
- How do I make the server run my forked git repository checkout instead of its version?
- How do I remove all this when done?
I will also search existing forum topics and docs for answers.