Here’s the list, and here’s the Wikidata query that generated it. It lists bands (not solo artists) with a Discogs link on file, but no MB artist ID. I chose this query because the set isn’t super huge (446 bands right now), and because the Discogs link can help with identification—especially for bands that only have a Wikipedia page in languages that you don’t speak.
Want to help? You don’t need a Wikimedia account. Here’s how to add an MBID:
- Click the link in the “band” column.
- In the new tab that opens, there are links to the artist’s Wikipedia and Discogs pages. Try to find the artist in MusicBrainz.
- If you find the band, copy the MBID from the URI for their artist page.
- In the Wikidata page, click “add statement”.
- Click on the “property” field. Select “MusicBrainz artist ID”.
- Paste the MBID (not the whole URI) into the next field.
- Click “publish”.
To see bands that have neither MBID nor Discogs ID on file, I use this query. I set a limit of 200 results, but as of now there are more than 38,000 bands in Wikidata that have no MBID on file.