Help: Best practice for an opera release

I’m having various doubts with an opera release: https://musicbrainz.org/release/0460bf8a-dad2-41f7-be5e-dc6e61c1f448 For example, with tracks 2 and 3

Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1: Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Moy ptenčik, Iolanta, tï ustala?” (Martha, Iolanta, Brigitta, Laura, chorus)
Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1a: Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Otčego ėto prežde ne znala” (Iolanta)

Is this OK?, or should it be

Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1a: Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Moy ptenčik, Iolanta, tï ustala?” (Martha, Iolanta, Brigitta, Laura, chorus)
Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1b: Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Otčego ėto prežde ne znala” (Iolanta)

I put them the first way, because it’s consistent with the booklet, which for tracks 11 and 12 uses

Iolanta, op. 69 no. 6: Scene and Aria of Robert “Ne toropis’, zdes’ tak temno” … “Kto možet sravnit’sya” (Robert, Vaudémont)
Iolanta, op. 69 no. 6a: Romance of Vaudémont “Net! Čarï lask krasï myatežnoy” (Vaudémont)

But it seems more logical the other way. Could it even be

Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1: a. Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Moy ptenčik, Iolanta, tï ustala?” (Martha, Iolanta, Brigitta, Laura, chorus)
Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1: b. Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Otčego ėto prežde ne znala” (Iolanta)

or

Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1: I. Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Moy ptenčik, Iolanta, tï ustala?” (Martha, Iolanta, Brigitta, Laura, chorus)
Iolanta, op. 69 no. 1: II. Scene and Arioso of Iolanta “Otčego ėto prežde ne znala” (Iolanta)

?

There’s some exceptions but without a good reason (for example language specific guidelines) we should store data as printed on releases. On this case release doesn’t include no. 1a or 1b (letters a & b) so we could have just “no. 1” for both tracks.