HD Tracks Importer Script?

Bandcamp does not downsample lossless formats. It is possible they may have done so many years ago, but I have purchased numerous albums on Bandcamp since around 2018 and have had 24bit/44.1kHz, right up to 24bit/192kHz. You get exactly what the label uploaded, so if they uploaded WAVs as 16bit/44.1kHz, that’s what you get in the download if you select a lossless format.

It is basically hit and miss. It would be nice if there was a way to see the bit depth/sampling rate of the albums there, but I am aware this is not the point of Bandcamp.

1 Like

Thanks for creating this user script.

Where on the page should I be looking for the button to import a release?

I’m using Greasemonkey with Firefox 94.0.1.

2 Likes

It should appear above the bookmark icon on the right (see the screenshots in this thread)…

… but the script was not working under Greasemonkey so far (I only used Violentmonkey for testing), so thanks for the report.

Greasemonkey has more restrictions than the other userscript managers as to what userscripts can do/access on a page, but I have now found a simple solution for that and published a fix.
Once you have updated to the latest version of the userscript, it should also work with your setup.

1 Like

This fix works for me. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to derail, but are there any solutions/hope for submitting Qobuz releases?

I notice that this older userscript no longer works, and Qobuz have now removed access to their API, with application developers needing to request access?

Ok…I have not used scripts before. How do I use this? Also, do we have anyway of automatically importing detailed CD information (e.g. recorded at, etc) for a release from the music companies? For example, all the information that is the CD books included with a CD?

I use tampermonkey:
Guides / Userscripts - MusicBrainz

Unfortunately, still no way to import detailed info like that (relationships to recordings or releases, etc.). I know there are some script makers trying to figure that one out, but so far not yet.

1 Like