Greening the artists

On releases with Various Artists when “greening” (clicking the search field to match the typed artist name with an existing artist on MB, whose selection changes the artist field from white to green), is there a way to green multiple tracks at once? Say tracks 31 to 36 were all Antonio Vivaldi, can I green all six tracks at once instead of clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name, clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name, clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name, clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name, clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name, clicking on search icon, selecting the MB artist name?

1 Like

Checking as I continue with tracks 22 to 52 of greening Beethoven… click-click, click-click…

Not that I know of, but I see three solutions “better” than what you describe after filling track 31:

• if you empty the artist field, the first suggested field should be the one used last
  • if you click the edit button next to the artist name you will see in the popup the buttons “copy credits” / “paste credits” to copy artists easily from one track to the next
  • if you know the URL of the artist (e.g. by “copy link location” in the popup) you can directly paste the URL in the artist field and the right “green” name will be filled

All three solutions avoid calling the search at least, so that should help. Choose the one you prefer :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you click the “Edit” button to the right of the artist, you should have an option “Change all artists on this release that match “[Artist Name]””, e.g.:

If you “green” the first field (as in the screenshot), tick the checkbox and press “Done”, all artist credits that match should get “greened”.

8 Likes

That’s what I was looking for. Finished doing it the slow way so I didn’t get to try it, but that looks like it.

No those are all slower. @Freso’s suggestion looks faster.

Careful with that, though… you might up ending replacing ALL artists on the release with the selected one. You can try out stuff without fear of breaking anything at https://test.musicbrainz.org

1 Like