Gauging interest in "editing parties" on Discord

soo, I got this idea from the OpenStreetMap community, as well as a couple members of the unofficial Discord server powering through some album imports with the power of Teamwork™.

basically, the idea is similar to the old Cleanup Of The Month projects from way back. editors can submit large tasks, like importing a ton of albums, a discography that needs cleanup, a list of events to be documented, etc. the main difference would be it would happen over the course of an afternoon/evening/whatever time it happens to be, and there’s a voice chat everyone can talk in* and (if you like) share your screen with.

• I’m fully on board! when are we starting?
  • I may join occasionally~
  • I’ll try it out
0 voters

if you wanna join the server, you can with this link: unofficial MusicBrainz fun zone

*there is also a text chat if you don’t have a microphone or don’t want to talk

3 Likes

new poll, because I didn’t realize you can’t see who voted by default, that way I can avoid double-counting votes of interest from Discord… lol

• I’m fully on board! when are we starting?
  • I may join occasionally~
  • I’ll try it out
0 voters

alright, I’ve set up a Google Form for submissions (link coming soon once I’m sure it works properly), and I’m considering making the responses public, that way anyone on the Discord can plan an editing party. what do y’all think? (note the poll responses below aren’t public like the one above)

• public responses
  • private responses
  • no preference
  • other (reply below)
0 voters

alright, I think we’ll do a test run tomorrow evening (or this time more locally)

just to keep it simple with the discussion in one place, join the Discord and find the thread here if you want input as to when the weekly event takes place (but also feel free to plan your own events as well)

1 Like