Exclude podcasts from listens?

I would like to exclude podcasts from my listens. Is that possible?

3 Likes

There is a way to disable specific apps in the application settings. In the Android app (v2.4.1) you can click the little gear icon on the top right, then select “Listening apps” and toggle the ones you want to track.

3 Likes

The app I use for listening to podcasts is not listed in the Android app. I don’t listen to podcasts in Spotify.

1 Like

Here’s the listen data for one of the podcast items. It does not indicate which app was used.

{
  "listened_at": 1700953206,
  "user_name": "Goose90053",
  "track_metadata": {
    "artist_name": "LINUX Unplugged • 11/9/23",
    "track_name": "Feedback",
    "release_name": "LINUX Unplugged",
    "additional_info": {
      "recording_msid": "222837af-683d-4840-93a1-e22db3799683"
    }
  }
}
2 Likes

This may be similar to an issue I’m currently experiencing. Do you see the podcast in your “Now Playing History” ? You can see this by searching for “now playing” in android settings, then scrolling down and looking at the history.

Also, what android and app version are you using?

2 Likes

I have Android version 13, ListenBrainz v.2.4.1.

I can’t find a “now playing” feature on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra). It seems to be a Pixel-only feature.

2 Likes

A bit of a necro, but since the search since turns this up as the first result…

I made a ticket that would address this, while still allowing you to track podcast listens:

3 Likes