ETI style for take numbers

The disambiguation field I’m talking about is on the recording, not the track. If you edit a recording you will see the “Disambiguation” field just below the artist and title:

On the track, consensus is to follow the release - if it says “alternate take” or “take 2” include that in the track title (following the ETI format, meaning in parentheses after the actual title).

1 Like

Answer to myself: I probably don’t need to search for something called ‘disambiguation for tracks’.
(does that even exist?)
From the page in my screenshot, while for ‘Artist’ you need to hit the ‘Edit’ button, for Title it looks like you can just start typing something else there.

I hope I am getting somewhere now:
https://musicbrainz.org/release/ee3221a6-4ea7-418d-96f6-7df640b78823/edit

edit
Damn, my newly edited titles were there, and now they seem gone.
I’m moving to a deserted island for a while now.
Maybe I’ll be back later.

I can edit for you (or you try again if you prefer) if you tell me that version names over there at Discogs are correct.
BTW this is a compilation and I moved it to a compilation release group already.
And a 2:33:42 long CD is impossible. I can split to 2 CD at the same time as adding version names.

Feel free to do that, I’m a bit done for the day :wink:
Discogs is correct, except for track 1-7 also being an (issued take), which they missed.

About it being a compilation:
I think I agree, but eight of the twenty tracks were never released before on another release.

Is there some guideline/agreement on when a release should be considered to be a compilation?

I (think I) have succeeded in changing the titles now.

About the disk numbers: I searched both the edit pages and the guidelines how to enter disk numbers, but I failed.
So maybe you can do that, or maybe explain to me how I can do it?

1. Hi to release editor Tracklists tab
  2. Press the Add Medium button at the bottom of the page
  3. Select Existing medium tab in that new popup
  4. Fill in 20 in the Track count field and press the Search button
  5. Identify this very same release itself (click releases to expand mediums) then add the correct medium, when it’s open, by clicking Add medium button

Now you have a release editor with 2 duplicate CD, you have done half of the job:

1. Don’t forget to set CD as Format for imported medium 2
  2. From CD 1, you remove the last tracks (those that should be on CD 2)
  3. From CD 2, you remove the last tracks (those that should be on CD 1)

This way you will split mediums without creating duplicate recordings.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that made it easy.

1 Like