Each disc has its own cover

Should this album be classified as 3 releases or 1 release? I tend to believe it is 1 release. But each of the CD has its own cover. If you look at the back cover, the barcode is the same for all discs. Can current MusicBrainz handle this? I mean assigning front cover to each disc instead of entire album.

4 Likes

Assigning front covers to specific discs is currently no supported. But this should still be a single release unless the discs are sold only separately.

The best workaround for the cover art issue is probably to upload multiple front covers and add “disc 1” etc. as a comment.

11 Likes

The only front cover is the front cover of the outer package.
The others are just booklet covers.

4 Likes

That was exactly what I did for the release after asking on the forum.

3 Likes

It is quite common to find this. Especially in this world of re-issues.

I usually set the outside box as “front” and then all the disc sleeves as “inner” as they are very like the sleeve you would get with vinyl. Especially if you think about how a triple vinyl is packaged.

-=-=-

I just looked closer. Are these three separate jewel cases? Is there any wrapper that held them together?

3 Likes

I think the pics are from the Discogs link so not sure if @mscdasncer has this? If you do a picture of the front would be awesome for sure!

2 Likes

I found this on Amazon.

Front

Back

This is the closest thing I found on web that resembles an outer package.

2 Likes