Don't know how to add these recordings (remix/orchestrated/something else?)

I was having a look at this artist on youtube. As his description says, he makes accompanying orchestral arrangements for a variety of bands. He creates them digitally and mixes them in with tracks.

I suppose these could be added as stand-alone recordings. But I’m wandering what the disambiguation/ETI should say. Should it say remix, or orchestration, or something else?

I believe these would be remixes? I believe orchestration is a different thing, so it’s not that at the very least

also, you can add these videos as releases if you’d like, since they have release dates and thumbnails (cover art) to go with them. in fact, this would be the only way I know of to follow the remix guidelines, where you credit the remixer as the release artist and the remixed artist as the track/recording artist

based on the one song I know the original from (Separate Ways), I’d say link these to the original works

on the note of ETI and disambiguation, I’d probably leave the track title as-is, with a disambiguation of (Jamie Turton orchestral remix) or something…

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense to me!

Just using the remixer as a relationship on a standalone recording is more than enough, really.

3 Likes