We had a discussion on the Release Group Redesign Ticket, which I thought can gather more opinions here. The feature is to display tracklists on the Release group.
Some issues with it will be (just copy pasting points raised in the ticket)
- What to do if the different releases have different track lists: Show the most common track list? The biggest one? The original release’s track list? Or perhaps the biggest track list with a visual difference between tracks on the original release and subsequent bonus tracks.
If we display tracklists for every release on expanding, we see two problems here
- a lot of repetitive information
- tracklists can be huge in numbers and title length. I just feel it will crowd the space.
- It will provide no useful data in terms of comparison. Like I can’t see, if this track appears only on this release or across all releases.
For tracklist, I agree that what we should attempt at is not a “generic, combined” tracklist and come up with a smarter way to represent it. Taking tracks from the “base” release and marking out the ones which appear only on selected releases seems like a way to do it.
- base release = the first release added to MB, from which other releases were duplicated? Am I right here?
*On expanding the track which appears on selected releases, we can show the releases it appears on.
Would love your thoughts on this one. Attaching the mockup
Thanks in advance