Creating an Artist Collaboration where there is no Release

I have read the method for attributing two artists, already created in the database, working together on an album or a song. I am having trouble creating an artist entry for a show I am trying to save to setlist.fm.
The artists, Syd Straw and Peter Holsapple, played together and individually throughout the show. However, when there is no physical release to credit, creating this “Co-Headliner” collaboration is something I’ve searched for in the forum (and am probably just missing). I cannot enter the artist field on that site if it does not exist in this database.

Any and all help is appreciated; thank you.

J. Huston

And a similar question…
How would we set up, as example, Meat Loaf and Jim Steinem, or Elton John and Bernie Taupin,
but as an artist relationship.

Doing the album/work relationships is easy. But noting the long time collaborators as an AR escapes me.

We should not have an artist for a collaboration unless it is a very common collaboration with a long career to their name. In this case, it seems setlist.fm is just not properly written to allow things like this, but this is not a reason to add information to MusicBrainz that goes against our data storing system :slight_smile: If there’s no way to credit two headliners for a show, you should probably bring this up with setlist.fm!

I think you might want the supporting musician relationship, but I’m not sure :slight_smile: Take a look and let me know!

1 Like

I agree; it is your database, and their issue to deal with. I was not sure if MusicBrainz had any semi-formal relationship with them or not.

I will take your advice, thanks!

J. Huston

1 Like

Supporting artist doesn’t seem like a writer/singer relationship to me. And the other two options (vocal and instrument) are certainly not right.

But if you think that is correct, I will use it.

Oh. There’s nothing for work writers, no (I don’t know much about the actual relationship between these specific artists).