Copyrights holders are often persons

At the moment we only can add companies as copyrights holder for an edition. But very often it’s the author itself or in the case of Virginia Woolf, her nephew and her niece. Since I don’t like the idea of “fake companies” to add them, we need a new relation possibility for the copyrights.

4 Likes

You already can! On releases and recordings…

This is a topic about BookBrainz, not MusicBrainz.

Right you are! I did not notice at first… And here I thought I was being helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lotheric you have been helpful as I was unaware of how MB functions. At least now I know various credit roles can be supported. It certainly gives more scope to develop BB.

2 Likes

Indeed, that’s what I thought when I started submitting to MB to find out in which direction BB might develop. The possibilities are fantastic. I’m really looking forward to see how this BB-“baby” will develop into something unique and great :wink:

2 Likes

“O brave new world”. I just wish I had of discovered BB earlier instead of travelling along the road to nowhere (aka Bookogs). Still it was fun while it lasted!

1 Like

This should be covered by this ticket: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/BB-504, and should land soon!

1 Like