Change Release Group Default Image

It seems that by default, the cover art shown on a Release Group is of the earliest/first release within that group. But what about when promos and advanced copies (with earlier dates than the main version) are added in the database and have stripped down covers or alternate covers nothing like the main release. Those still show up by default on the Release Group cover art. Is there a way to change that?

2 Likes

Yes, on the release group page select “Set cover art” and you can choose which release will be used for the RG cover art.

3 Likes

And if you saw that behaviour, maybe we should raise an issue: it would always take official releases first, if any.

Do you remember some examples? I thought it would take the first uploaded cover.

2 Likes

It’s always seemed kind of random to me. Just the other day I uploaded cover art to a newly-created release and it took over the RG image, had to manually switch back…

It’s the first release in the release group (in official section, btw).

I don’t think it is the first official. Just seems to be the oldest dated. Which seems a bug odd feature to me.

I added an image for the promo in that RG. That was released before the official versions. And the selected image now changed to that promo. Trouble is that is a blue image. (So I swapped it to something else)

The algorithm should pick the first official release image.

What would also help a lot is if on the Image Selection page for the RG we could see image sizes to make picking something better a little easier.

or even better, the first digital release, if possible. it’s really annoying when i add a cd and the cover gets replaced with it. i always prefer the digital one, since it’s the actual image, and not a scan of a printed photo.

2 Likes

Agree with this as the digital is usually a higher quality image too.

2 Likes