Can't save tags

Hi!
I’m a new user of Musicbrainz and I’ve been looking for a solution for more than 2 hours for my problem:

• The “Rename files” fonction works great
  • The “Move files” fonction works great

But the “Save tags” fonction doesn’t work. Musicbrainz is supposed to be designed mainly for that no?
I hope someone had the same issue as me and would help me to resolve it.

Here is a screenshot of what happens when I press the save button:

So I thought about it and resolved my problem by myself:

Just go in the file proprieties and don’t tick “read-only”

That was simple in fact…

Hope this will help someone else

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to save my tags

Thanks for this useful post.
It would be really helpful if MusicBrainz showed an error specifically that the the file is read only.
I was unable to access or see the message that flashed in the status bar at the foot of the screen.

You can always look at the messages in the error/debug log available in the help menu

1 Like

I have a similar problem.
Error Log:D: 07:28:47 Saving file u’/Volumes/Cloete HD/iTunes Media/Music/2Cellos/2Cellos/1-12 With or Without You.m4a’
D: 07:28:47 Updating file <File u’1-11 Smells Like Teen Spirit.m4a’>
E: 07:28:47 Traceback (most recent call last):
File “picard/util/thread.pyo”, line 46, in run
File “picard/file.pyo”, line 218, in _save_and_rename
File “picard/file.pyo”, line 382, in _rename
File “os.pyo”, line 150, in makedirs
File “os.pyo”, line 157, in makedirs
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/Volumes/Music Library/2CELLOS’

@Patrick_Cloete This indicates that there is a permission issue with /Volumes/Music Library/2CELLOS or one of it’s parent folder. Make sure the folders are writable by your current user and not set to readonly.

2 Likes

September 2018 and this is STILL a problem . I just spent 2 hours wondering what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

FWIW, there is a feature request PICARD-195 to improve user feedback on read-only files. But so far nobody has started working on it, looks like it’s low priority for most Picard contributors. It definitely is for me as there are other areas that are IMHO more important to being worked on. Also not much activity on this ticket by anybody. Maybe if you have some concrete idea how this should work your input is very welcomed.

3 Likes