Cannot submit changes "data already present"

I am trying to make edits to the work here:

Yet Musicbrainz is giving me the error:

The data you have submitted does not make any changes to the data already present.

I have tried adding a composer (Allister Brimble) as well as a link to the Wikidata entry (Q861222) for the game this is the soundtrack to.

I tried this myself and it worked when I did it.
Can you take a look and see if this is what you wanted to add.

Yes, it is.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Although I am still unable to make edits, so if it is not too much to ask, could you also add this as an external link:

Welcome to the community.
Your account is currently a Limited User as your account is brand new.
To become a normal user you need to wait 2 weeks and have at least 10 accepted edits.
You should probably take a look at the style guides as some types of releases have their own style.

I have added the link to the artist page, hopefully in a little over a week it will let you make the same edit yourself.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I think this limitation should be mentioned though, I do not see a mention of this in the documentation besides limiting voting until normal user status.

Also, if anyone is feeling up to it, I think

Needs to be linked as a recording of

1 Like

As far as I know there shouldnā€™t be any limitation to edit for limited users. Maybe you have JavaScript blocked or something? If not, thatā€™s just weird and sounds like a bug.

Iā€™ve removed this link - we shouldnā€™t link to WP unless the page is specifically for the soundtrack, rather than the game.

Ah. Sorry, I thought I had seen that sort of link elsewhere. I suppose a Wikipedia link about the game would be just as unacceptable as the Wikidata link?

It is helpful information though. Would a better alternative be to write an annotation?

Iā€™m sure you have :slight_smile: It gets linked often, but itā€™s still not ideal. Especially since it also causes e.g. Wikidata eventually claiming that thatā€™s the MusicBrainz ID for the game, which isnā€™t really correct.

Possibly. We probably should think of a proper way of linking to stuff like that. Iā€™d be happy to just add the game as a work and link it from there, but I imagine not everyone would like to go that far away from music :slight_smile:

1 Like