Can I copy and paste the MB tag metadata from one PC to another PC?

Is there a process posted describing how the .xml files and perhaps other support files can be copied from one PC to a second PC?

Obvious purpose is to avoid having to repeat the tagging process on the second PC.

Thank you.

The MB metadata you wrote with Picard is part of the music files.

If you mean the Picard configuration you can copy over Picard’s configuration file from one system to another. The location of the configuration folder on different operating systems is described at Configuration — MusicBrainz Picard v2.9alpha1 documentation

You can also make a backup of the Picard.ini file in Options > Advanced > Maintenance and restore it from there again. For details see Maintenance — MusicBrainz Picard v2.9alpha1 documentation

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I should have provided some details.

What I have done is to use the Foobar2000 MusicBrainz plugin to tag the individual music tracks within .iso files installed in Windows 10. In doing so, an .xml file is saved for each .iso album in the Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/foobar2000 folder.

I’d like to be able to copy that information to a second PC.

When I posted this question originally, I was unaware of the relationship between MusicBrainz and Picard.

Again thank you for replying to my query with the limited amount of information I provided.

Ok, that sounds more like a topic for foobar2000 then. There are of course also foobar2000 users here, but maybe you should also ask on the foobar2000 forums.

I don’t know what those XML files provide. But as you know their location I’d assume you can copy them on a new system.

I’ve moved this topic out of the Picard category.

thank you! I appreciate your patience.

1 Like