Autoeditor election: a23bed

Might as well do one more
https://musicbrainz.org/election/309

Okay so usually when i consider nominations i think of 3 things

1. Are they committed to the project? (i purposely have been AFK from the forums and IRC for the moment, so i don’t know if he’s active there) Good edit notes and lots of edits shows the commitment to me.

2. Do they vote? This one might be inconsequential to many of you, but matter to me, shows dedication (i know that was #1) with the ratio of active editors vs voters so high i think this is important

3. Are they a good person? The first time i remember encountering a23bed was when he thanked me for approving one of his edits. I don’t think i’ve ever been thanked for that before and i think shows his character

9 Likes

When you approve, your edit note is lost.
So when you get your edit approved you are not notified in any ways unless the auto editor comes back to the edit and sends another edit note.
That explains in big part, I think, why nobody knows when edit is approved and thus nobody thanks. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They have a little bit of forum activity: @a23bed

I don’t recall seeing them on IRC.

2 Likes

Congrats @a23bed! You’ve been added to the #musicbrainz:autoeditors group on the forums as well, so you can now post in here.

As a new autoeditor you may not previously have paid much attention to the “Auto-Editors” section of the MusicBrainz Code of Conduct, so I’d like to take this opportunity to invite you to go review that document.

Remember, even as an AE, you’re not expected to know everything, so you’re still always very welcome to ask questions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am aware of the Code of Conduct doc, thanks for reminding me again.
I’ll have thorough read again.

Thanks again.

3 Likes