Auto-editor election: Deleted Editor #1440677

Another month, another election. Today I’m nominating @Deleted_Editor_1440677 (MB profile)

https://musicbrainz.org/election/327

In a period of ca. 5 years they’ve entered a copious amount of edits (400k, wow).
Their dedication is truly remarkable, it seems there is not a single where they are not around (and not just MB!)

Many of the open edits are for cover art of just imported Bandcamp releases (yes, the hi-res variants. Awesome). If only those were auto-edits, it would scrape off lots of stuff from the voting queue.

While there are a few downvoted edits I’m generally not concerned about them.
There was however a short series of edits changing artist credits on Japanese releases to the romanized spelling due to most of the cover art having it that way.

Is there a consensus yet what takes priority under which circumstances? I haven’t fully figured this out myself yet, discussions seem scarce. It would probably make a good topic on its own. :slight_smile:

PS: Totally forgot to mention @reosarevok had asked for opinions before
My response back then was:

reosarevok: Not exactly following them but often noticed them doing simple fixes that shouldn’t require further review, like release script and language disentangling artists, replacing wiki links by wikidata, etc.

4 Likes

This has been wrapped up for a while now, but congrats @Deleted_Editor_1440677! You’ve been added to the group here on the forums so you can post in #musicbrainz:autoeditors now. :slight_smile:

They deleted their account :headstone:

3 Likes

Bummer, anyone know why?

3 Likes

They wrote us and asked to relay that

I felt the need to quit, but that I’m not gone for good.

8 Likes

Completely understandable.

1 Like