Audio director relationship for music

I’ve been using the audio director relationship for some time, because it’s a direct translation of zvukový režisér used in Slovak and Czech. Only after some time did I notice that I was, in fact, using it incorrectly, since the docs for audio director describe it as, roughly, the person that directs an audio part of a work, which is typically not music.

Now, zvukový režisér is a standard credit in Czech and Slovak music releases and describes a person who oversees the technical side of audio production - oversees the engineers, advises the musicians on technical matters and chooses how the technical realisation of an audio project is made. This person is sometimes, but not always, the same person as hudobný režisér - the person who supervises and advises musicians within the bounds of artistry and musicianship, for which we have the art director relationship.

The work of a zvukový režisér can be found in the descriptions of both sound engineer, a general engineer and producer, however, as I understand it, these don’t imply a supervisory role, which zvukový režisér should. This is not to say that the zvukový režisér must not do any engineering work themselves - they may do a varying amount or kinds of it, which is what makes it so difficult for me to choose the correct MB relationship type.

The audio director relationship would be fitting for it, were it not a subtype of performance, since it is mostly a production role. As it is, a general engineer role seems the most fitting, but that seems as if I’m throwing away information here.

Should I use a general engineering role with zvuková réžia (literally sound direction) in the Task field, or would something else be better?