Album cover not showing on release group

Since a while the album cover doesn’t appear on release group though there is one at one of the releases. Is this intended or an error?

2 Likes

How long is a while, in your case?
Because it is normal that the recently uploaded images take a while before being visible in MusicBrainz, that has to wait for the thumbnail generation by the Cover Art Archive, etc.

Please link your release group.

I currently have this issue on all RG’s, but here’s a link to one.
Windows, tested on Chrome and Edge with all extra stuff disabled.

This (icon on the left) is new isn’t it? I assumed someone was tinkering but it’s the same today:

With your script it looks like this @jesus2099:

4 Likes

yeah, it seems to be affecting most (if not all) release groups… I just went through Five Iron Frenzy, and none of their release groups are showing artwork.

at first, I thought it had been there, ‘til I realized this is from the artist page, not the release group page. yeah, I believe those are brand new.

3 Likes

This icon was already showing in front of releases with image in CAA (click it to go to release’s Cover Art page).

Now this CAA icon is also displayed in front of release groups that have image in CAA:

1 Like

Some days or a week or so – I don’t know when I realized it first time.

1 Like

Can you link at least one example?
I don’t have the issue.

aerozol did post a link but I can add one more:

But this appears (or, exactly, doesn’t appear) everywhere … :frowning:

3 Likes

I have this issue too. No image on any release group.

I still can Set cover art, but the cover does not appear afterwards in the release group and there’s no hint, that something is missing. Tested on…
Firefox 78.15.0esr (64-Bit) (Linux Debian 5.10.70-1, Kernel 5.10.0-9-amd64)
Firefox 94.0 (64-Bit) (Ubuntu 20.4.1, Kernel 5.11.0-38-generic)
Firefox 78.8.0esr (32-Bit) Win10
Microsoft Edge 95.0.1020.53 (64-Bit) Win10
… only the first one has extensive script usage.

EDIT: now tested on Ubuntu 20.4.2 with kernel 5.11.0-40 too.

4 Likes

4 Likes

So nobody – even from the staff – knows why cover art is missing at release groups? Or can inform the users (=contributors) that there is a problem and they seek a solution?

1 Like

Same issue here. Reproducible on Firefox, Edge, Chrome. OS: Windows 10 and Linux Mint 20.2.

Example:

Interesting — posting a link to the RG here, and it finds the cover image, but not in the MB site.

2 Likes

I have created a ticket, the developers can’t read all the topics in this forum:

6 Likes

I probably broke this, will take a look tomorrow.

6 Likes

For what it’s worth, I don’t see it on the forum, either.

Android 9, Firefox for Android 68.11.0

1 Like

3 Likes

For me, the picture is often not displayed immediately when a new post is made. But the broken link is indicated with a symbol. And if the post is reloaded later, the image shows up as expected.

If you are lucky, it’s a related problem and will be fixed soon.

Help is on the way…

EDIT: No problem with forum images on my Android 9, Firefox 94.1.2

happy to report that RG covers are back!

4 Likes

Thanks, perfect!

Also, successfully tested!

1 Like