Has a replacement been made for the “kepstin_magicisrc” batch ISRC add? I wish I knew how to create things like this.
Yea, the tool is still using web service v1, which has been deprecated. Pinging @kepstin to see if he’s free enough to fix this.
I’ve actually already done most of the work to port the ISRC submission tool to the new webservice version, but I’m blocked on missing webservice features.
Also consider voting for MBS-10053 - this feature really should be part of the MusicBrainz web interface proper.
Does anyone know if there is a way to view a report showing daily ISRC submissions. I am just curious to see the impact to the database after this change. I have tried manually adding the ISRC data. But now it went from a twenty second workflow to about 5 minutes and a thousand clicks. I have stopped adding due to the health risk to my mouse.
You can do an edit search.
Same for me, even from CD.
I need help!
I wanted to merge recordings (lead single and album version) since considering audio data they’re the same. There’s only minor dynamics difference + a short trailing space in one of them. Compare the spectrals for single track:
…and album track:
However they have been assigned different ISRCs (single track: GBAFL1800302, album track: GBAFL1800329).
Also there’s a minor crediting variation. Single featured “Spawn”, an AI algorithm trained to make the song. On the LP they dropped the credit, leaving only Holly Herndon and Jlin.
So, should I leave these recordings separate just because they have been assigned different ISRCs, even though they’re the same?
I have seen different ISRCs merged.
IMHO the most important step a merger can do is exactly what you are doing - listen and analyse. You can hear and see that there is no difference. And then you have done deeper research to check that they are the same.
If you can start both these tracks at the same time in two different audio players and not get a problem… then pretty sure they are the same track.
This is more than some users do - some merges are done just on the AcoustID or name and lengths which doesn’t catch the small differences. There was an example a few weeks back of a track that was used in a Bond soundtrack. The difference there was only really spotted by listening as it was a small change in the intro. AcoustIDs were failing in that case as many of them had been attached to the wrong version due to confused compilation disks. Pretty sure that one also had multiple ISRCs.
Your analysis is ideal. Though I would write it into the comment and not rely on this forum. In five years time the forum will probably have moved address (again) and would then loose these notes.
(And now get ready for your post to be moved to a new thread… counting down… 5… 4… 3… )
It would be neat if Acousticbrainz could capture Spectrograms with their audio data capture tool. Then every recording would have a way to visually compare the entire recording along with the more detailed but shorter acousticID.