AcoustId questionning

Hi everyone!

Regarding AcoustId, is it possible that a song released once with one voice, and aonce with 2 voice (original voice + a guest), using the same music tracks have so similar Acoustids that they are merged ?

I have a very specific example with this recording :

There is just one fingerprint, this is the recording for the duet.

If I go look into the AcoustId, I can see it’s used for both “The Good Die Young (Tarja version)” (duet) and for the “one voice only” recording named “The Good Die Young”.

But regarding tags, I defenitely can’t understand what’s happening on this particular AcoustId. I would expect to see something like 10 versions of “The Good Die Young”, not 200…

I know this is not very important, but that’s really bugging me, as atm there’s no way to automatically determine the version. So if someone have an explaination, I’d be pleased.

Thanks!

Smeulf.

1 Like

I guess the difference is too unclear. Probably sound of voice isn’t a good distinctiv feature?

There are a few places where AcoustID has trouble. False matches: Karaoke versions; instrumental versions; radio edits …

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Guides/AcoustID

1 Like

Thanks, very clear!

Hopefully in the future, someone will find something better than AcoustID for Karaoke, Instrumentals and songs like in the example. Nothing can be perfect :wink: