I started putting in A State of Trance episodes over 12 years ago. But it’s been probably 10 years without any love and the unofficial style guideline I wrote needed has been overhauled to extend it on the official style guidelines.
If anyone is interested in this series, or just Trance music in general, or even just wants a bunch of edits, I’m open to discussion and any help. I’ll be posting updates here, but at the moment I’m working on getting all the existing episodes linked to the A State of Trance series.
Here’s the plan - not strictly in order (if anything here sound interesting to you, let me know!)
- [DONE] Merge the yearly live event release groups (ie 500, 550, 600). I had added every part (like one DJ in a set) as a separate release. Mainly because there was no guidelines not to do this at the time. There are hundreds of these to be merged.
- [DONE] Link all of the existing release groups to the series and fix up the Broadcast + DJ-mix. Several hundred of these.
- [DONE] Adding all the new episodes. Yes, we only have around 600 episodes, but we’re up to around 1130 episodes now!
- [DONE] Fix the release and group titles. Removing erroneous “continuous mix” and cleaning up the title format. There are also probably hundreds of these.
- [DONE] Merge the individual part releases (left over from step 1) and the split releases.
- Fix all non-bootlegs (Spotify releases, release dates, artwork, etc)
- Fix all languages and packaging information.
- Fix artist credits for guest mixes and other non-special episodes, including renaming recording parts.
- Fix all the venues. That is, make sure all live episodes have the linked venues. I bet most of these venues don’t exist and will be difficult to track down info on.