Our second bounty is to integrate the MusicBrainz API into Kendraio App. Kendraio App is our low-code bi-directional dashboard ‘data browser’ application. Within Kendraio App we’ve built Kendraio Player, a proof-of-concept for a multi-service music streaming player using web monetisation technology, funded by Grant for the Web towards their mission to create a healthier internet.
- Timeframe: 2 weeks
- Bounty: $500 USD (paid out via Open Collective) – so you need to have an account here to be paid)
- Please answer this bounty by replying to our GitHub issue.
We’re rewarding the individual (or group) that carries out this bounty in a transparent, interoperable, and easy to use way.
See how our first bounty went at Kendraio Player Audiotarky integration. And see Radhy’s write-up of his experience at Afterthought on integrating Audiotarky API into Kendraio App.
- A proposal written out before work starts and agreed upon beforehand in our Google Drive.
- Interfaces created in Kendraio App using Flows where a user can:
- Look up information about a particular MusicBrainz entity (“give me info about The Beatles”)
- Browse MusicBrainz to find entities connected to a particular entity (“show me all releases by The Beatles”)
- Search for entities matching a specific query (“show me all artists matching the query ‘Beatles’”).
- Interfaces created in Kendraio App using Flows where a user (artist) can:
- Upload information about a specific music release to MusicBrainz via Kendraio App.
Technical details and source code
- Kendraio App: https://github.com/kendraio/kendraio-app
- MusicBrainz development resources: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Development
- MusicBrainz API: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_API
- MusicBrainz GitHub: https://github.com/Borewit/musicbrainz-api
- The bounty will be evaluated by the Kendraio Team and advisors.
- Evaluation will be based on the completion of the task, as well as on how transparent, interoperable and easy to use it is.
- The more you can commit to documenting and talking about your experience with Kendraio App the more excited we will be to work with you.
Once a candidate has put themselves forward, our Kendraio developers will mentor them exclusively for 2 weeks (or more, by mutual agreement). If after the agreed-upon period tasks remain open, another candidate may be given the opportunity instead.
Kendraio App is a general framework for creating low-code applications. Kendraio App was originally created to service the creative/music industry to enable easy asset and rights management both locally and on third-party platforms. But what we’ve ended up creating is a generic data browser that plugs into remote APIs and enables highly configurable low-code interfaces to be built. And we’ll use this framework as the basis of this project. Please check out these links before accepting this mission: Kendraio App demo, Kendraio App on GitHub, Kendraio App documentation, Kendraio App website. As you create this project your feedback will influence the direction and capabilities of the Kendraio framework.