Work in progress MB User Survey

This is one of the reasons the survey took so long to get of the ground. The original idea was to focus on UX questions but seeing as we don’t have an UX person at MeB and I couldn’t really get any feedback on what good questions to help improve UX would be, we decided to launch it as-is and to just collect some general feedback, knowledge of other MeB projects and demographics info.

Hopefully this survey will be at least somewhat useful for improving MB’s UX.

Probably around two months, we considered one months but that might not be enough, especially considering a lot of people are probably on holidays during the summer.

Survey deadline

The survey is going to close this Sunday, September 3rd at 23:59 UTC.
Please complete it if you haven’t already, every bit of feedback is important!

7 Likes

Less than three hours left and we’re sitting at 1,195 answers, can we get just a few more to break 1.2k?

2 Likes

The survey is over!

We’ve got exactly 1,200 answers (took some nagging and shaming to get those last few answers in) which is definitely a lot more than I was expecting, thank you to everyone who participated!

The fun part of analyzing the data and preparing it for release begins now, expect to see some sneak peeks here or in the #metabrainz IRC channel.

9 Likes

Update

@Leo_Verto got caught up in the currents of life, but almost exactly 6 years later he has sent me the survey results. I am going to work on sharing them with you soon (though I don’t feel like I have to hurry tbh!)

They are an interesting historical snapshot, as well as still having some relevance for today. And when we run more surveys in the future we can use this to look at how things have changed.

Some of the free-text comments are also very encouraging (and funny!)

I’m giving you a ‘heads up’ now because I want to make the survey data/the .csv public, and I want to crowd-source a risk assessment for that. Can you think of any issues with making the results public? I have already anonymised (wiped) the email column for the shareable copy, and searched the free-text fields for emails/identifying information. But there may be another risk that I haven’t thought of.

6 Likes