More curiosity than anything I guess, but I’ve noticed sometimes a given acoustID does not reflect current recording status after a merge, I guess as if the original recordings were still present on MB? When you click through, you see the same recording repeatedly. Anyone know why?
Just for information, here’s another one Track "8f1a38dc-bbe0-486f-b005-3e1cbc66fb28" | AcoustID (and the second time today I’ve seen a track length not updated on acoustID after being fixed with a discID on MB). This one also has a bunch of “orphan” (really, merged I think) recording IDs instead of titles, which is something I guess more common (but also strange).
This recording should have eight AcoustIDs after a merge. It still only has two a year later:
AcoustIDs were “lost” during a merge… and are still waiting to be reattached to the merged recording 12 months later.
In the edit note I had expected to loose the AcoustIDs attached to the various recordings. So I took notes of all the AcoustIDs that should have ended up on the target. I wanted to test the theory. And a year later this still has not happened.
Notice my note that lists six AcoustIDs that were associated to the various recordings. These should all have moved to the one Recording MBID.