Where should i add these artist credits?

should i merge these https://musicbrainz.org/artist/8ebf6b8e-4b9b-44ea-b411-c39e03e11f53
https://musicbrainz.org/artist/7b98a7ea-3ba6-45b3-a994-d7bc0e0db689/edit thay are the same thing tho in Psalty & The Kids’ Praise! Kids the members are wrong

i think it is best to add all the kids separately to mb and add them as members as some are on albums that are not psalty albums as well

i found out where they get the kids from it is the maranatha christian academy it is in the usa somewhere
it is on the back of this tape

at least one of them is on all of them by the looks till at least 5

is it ok to add the kids to psalty’s kids if it was before they were called that they are only called that from kids praise! 5 on albums before that they were listed as kids and kids voices. Like before kids praise! 1 thay can not be psalty’s kids as there was no psalty. Tho at least one of the kids were on Ernie Rettino and Debby Kerner’s albums with other kids before kids praise! 1

2 Likes

That is kinda funny how the history of their meeting and getting married is also mirrored in the copyright and names on the album.

With the Kids links, I’d start with that merge you suggest and then remove Psalty and Psaltina, going back to vol 4 to then correct credits for the separate entities as you now have better knowledge about them than the original editor.

I would still be tempted to add the separate kids names to the Annotation of each release. It makes it easier for people to see them together as a list. I just feel that there are too many of them to be adding to each Recording.

I agree, it is a good idea to add the more regular Kids, it depends how much time you have available. Ultimately all the Kids could be added as artists, but I’d just focus on the regulars.

2 Likes

so do you recon it is fine to add the kids from 1, 2, 3 and 4 to psalty’s kids even to thay are only psalty’s kids from 5 on?

I haven’t looked closely at the covers yet, but I would think this makes sense. The “group” evolves into a group called “Psatly’s Kids” even before it gets that name officially. From an overall view of the whole series I think it probably makes sense.

2 Likes