Weird Error

Hi all,

Whenever I try to save a file to an album, I get the red circle with the minus through it. I checked to make sure the file, sub-folder, and my music folders aren’t read-only and the error still happens. The weird part is it seems MB makes a duplicate of the file in the same folder as the original and when I try to delete the duplicate, I get another error message saying it is part of a “binary platform”. Below is the bug log.

Any help is appreciated!

E: 09:54:02,205 webservice._handle_reply:407: Network request error for https://coverartarchive.org:443/release-group/c94229ca-d72e-3c32-b6ab-824ac68c2d4a/: Error transferring https://coverartarchive.org:443/release-group/c94229ca-d72e-3c32-b6ab-824ac68c2d4a/ - server replied: NOT FOUND (QT code 203, HTTP code 404)
E: 09:54:12,406 util.thread.run:64: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “shutil.py”, line 566, in move
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘D:\Music\PhoneTrans-Export-2020-06-25\Music\Vince Guaraldi Trio\Jazz Impressions of a Boy Named Charlie Brown\06 Linus and Lucy (1).mp3’ -> ‘D:\Music\PhoneTrans-Export-2020-06-25\Music\Vince Guaraldi Trio\Jazz Impressions of a Boy Named Charlie Brown\06 Linus and Lucy.mp3’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “picard\util\thread.py”, line 60, in run
File “picard\file.py”, line 306, in _save_and_rename
File “picard\file.py”, line 478, in _rename
File “shutil.py”, line 581, in move
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘D:\Music\PhoneTrans-Export-2020-06-25\Music\Vince Guaraldi Trio\Jazz Impressions of a Boy Named Charlie Brown\06 Linus and Lucy (1).mp3’

Looks like what happens is that the file is attempted to be moved, but only a copy gets created and the source cannot be removed. This matches your experience when trying to manually delete the sources.

The error message states “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process”. Could it be the file is opened in another application. Maybe a player? But could also be some antivirus or indexing process.

Where are the files stored, is it a local drive, external or network?

1 Like

thanks for the response! not sure what it was exactly, but it now seems to be working!